We're going on day four of our "snow day" tomorrow...it has been so nice to be home! We have been very, very blessed that we have not lost power...there are so many around us without! Although, I'm going to be honest and say that I am starting to get a little stir-crazy. I have crafted to my little heart's content and I'm running out of things to do! Here are the projects I have done the past couple days...(sorry I haven't been including any pictures of actual people...I would take some pictures of Richard and I but I want you to actually keep reading my blog and pictures of me might scare you away. Let's just say I haven't gotten ready since Monday--yes, I have showered...once...haha, just kidding)
My Banner: (not completed, still need to put on the lettering)


I stitched these a while ago and finally got around to making them into pillows! They haven't been stuffed yet, obviously, but here's a front and back shot:

My Raggy Ropes! I got this idea off of the Nesting Place. I have one hanging in my laundry room and decided to make some little girl/boy ropes:


Cards:

I'm really not sure what to do with myself tomorrow! I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened up my email and read that tomorrow the university will be closed again! There has been some major devastation around here. I'm feeling very blessed right now! I am so grateful for electricity, heat, indoor plumbing, grocery stores, refrigerators and freezers, TV's, flashlights, internet, cell phones, the homemade chili my sweet neighbor brought over tonight, that my family is safe, good friends...my list could go on and on. I really am feeling so blessed.




7 comments:
Hello! How are you two? It looks like you are doing well... maybe a little bit cold! The pictures of the trees were really interesting. I have never seen ice like that. I must say a snow day would be nice to get caught up on crafts and projects. It looks like you have been busy being so crafty. You are so talented and cute! What are the Raggy Ropes for? Are they a decoration or do they have a specific purpose? Just wondering! Anyway, it was nice to find your blog and see how you are doing.
Take Care,
Davian
I love the crafts. You have to teach me how to do the banners/ropes. I know other people who do them, but I am not "cool enough" to be included in their crowd, so therefor can't learn from them. I really want to learn the ropes though!! They are so cute, and I really want to make some for Sophia and Wesley! I can't wait to see you tonight!!!
What are the ropes for? They are super cute and I'm looking for a craft to do. You know what I would do on my fourth snow day in a row? Watch Gilmore Girls!!
Looks like you've had so much fun, but I wish we could be having fun together! Make me some cards, will ya? hee BTW, I LOVE my cute rope you made me. It's hanging in my laundry room. STAY WARM!
Love ya,
Mom
So glad you are safe and warm in this nasty weather. We've had ice in the D.C. area also, but nothing like your area.
Your crafts are beautiful- love the raggy ropes!
You are unreal! I would never have even thought to be crafty like that for one project-- I love the banner (sans letters, it's still totally cute!). Hope the weather clears up soon!
Post a Comment