First of all, I can't believe it's already January! Wow! I normally don't like the month of January. It always seems to be a let-down month: The holidays are over, it's cold and dreary, and we still have a long stretch until spring...
But one of my New Year's resolutions is to be more positive, so I am going to list some positive things about January!
-My hubby and my dad were both born in January...That should be enough good stuff right there! -But I will keep going!
-It is always sad to take down the Christmas tree and decorations, but I honestly feel so good once all of the "clutter" is put away and everything feels clean and simple.
-Speaking of clutter, January is a good month to clean out and get rid of things you don't use or need--you know what I'm talking about, that sweater that hasn't fit you for three years but you are still holding onto it just waiting to fit back in?
-January is a fresh, clean start to a new year, and is always a great time to make goals. (I won't post my list, it's much too long.)
And now...some more jumbled thoughts.
I've been thinking about the past year--the ups, the downs, the in-betweens, the laughs, the cries, and I've been trying to think of one word that would best describe 2008.....but I can't. I can however, think of 4 words:
Change
Learn
Persevere
Joy.
Happy New Year

3 comments:
I love your thoughts, they weren't jumbled either.
I miss you!
333
Mom
I really liked this post-- I totally agree with decluttering and starting fresh...makes the year feel good. I also liked your word choices--may adopt some of those. I think you're great!
Happy New Year! I love your positive attitude. I need to work on that one, for certain :)
January is one of the best months for me. I love putting away the Christmas clutter as well. Hoping that 2009 will be a wonderful year for you!
Post a Comment