Sometimes life hands you lemons, other times, it hands you gifts. This morning, life handed us a gift... in the form of snow.
In the great state of Kentucky, when you wake up to find this...
and this...
we have what is known as a SNOW DAY!!! Now, I had heard of these wonderful days before, but I didn't think they actually existed, as it snows in Utah all the time and the world continues to turn. But here, it stops! Everything shuts down, and you have the entire day to stay in your cuddly PJ's, watch movies, drink hot chocolate, (get that much-needed January organizing done that has been put off and put off,) and resume your life when the snow melts. If I can't have spring, I'll definitely take this and be happy with it.

6 comments:
Oh, how fun! And beautiful! :) We didn't quite get that surprise but we are getting a wintery mix of ice, rain and snow, after everyone went to school and work. I've made it a self-proclaimed snow day just for safety! :) Scrapbooking here we come! ENJOY!!!
You're so lucky!!! I hope you enjoy your day off. Make sure you drink a cup of hot cocoa for me!
Carlie, Wow I had no idea ya'll were in Kentucky. What too ya'll out there? School? How fun and that is very crazy that everthing gets shut down because of a little snow. I hope you get to read a book or something fun like that :)
Lindsay
You DID get a snow day!!!! Woo hoo!!! Michael got one too... so he and Wesley are out playing in the snow, Sophia's sleeping, and I am blog surfing - when I should be cleaning probably. Oh well! I am so glad you got to stay home and be comfy and have hot chocolate! I think I'll have some too!
I'm so glad you got your much anticipated snow day! It was awesome running into your parents last night, just wish I had my camera with me. They seem like wonderful wonderful people. We we sure do miss you Birds and wish we could have been there to enjoy the snow day with you!
We got a snow day too! Our first snow of the year- I think I'm done now :)
Enjoy your hot chocolate and movies!
Post a Comment