Wow. Alrighty, so that fun little snow day that I had yesterday has brought an incredibly damaging and dangerous storm! I have never been in an ice storm, but it has been raining ice for nearly a day straight! It is CRAZY!!! The ice on the trees has caused branches to break under the weight, falling on power lines, causing power outages all over! I thought I would quickly post while we still have power:
Poor pine trees, drooping under the weight of the ice
Poor pine trees, drooping under the weight of the ice
It was much too cold and snowy for me to want to go outside and get a closer picture of the ice on these branches, but trust me, it's THICK!
Winter WonderlandAs you may have guessed, we are having another snow day today! Yesterday I did lots of cleaning, laundry, cleaning out and organizing, so today I get to
PLAY!

Richard slept until about 10 this morning...um yeah, we're enjoying our snow break. Good morning Rich!
(Note: he definitely deserved to sleep in, he did homework ALL DAY yesterday and will again be doing it ALL DAY today!)
I am really seeing the importance of our food storage and emergency preparedness that we have been counseled to do for oh so long. In the six short months we have been here, we have had two terrible storms with lasting effects, making the need for emergency preparedness incredibly real to me.
Hope everyone is home safe and warm during this crazy of crazy storms!

4 comments:
Talk about losing your power, we lost our power in Mapleton last night for fours hours. It got cold really quickly so if you do lose your power I sure hope you have lots of blankets to warm you up. :)
I wish Utah would have a snow day. Enjoy your day home together. We missed seeing you two at Christmas time.
Two in a row! You've got to be kidding me! I remember once in like 2nd grade we had a snow day (remember? at Art City?) and it was only because of a fallen power line. Man I would kill to be stuck at home in sweats crafting away! (I'm sure you are not in sweats and I would play before I cleaned). I hope you stay safe and warm!
Hey our best friends live in Paducah KY and have been out of power since Tuesday morning at 9 am!
Post a Comment