
All this project takes is strips of fabric and lots of time! Onto one long ribbon you tie the strips of fabric into knots, and then keep going and going and going. This project cost me zero dollars! Gotta love that!
I have found that I am kind of obsessed with words--I love having words up all over the house--inspirational words that remind me to take the time to appreciate the little things in life.


I always get a bitter-sweet feeling when I go grocery shopping--bitter, because I hate spending money on groceries when there are so many other things I wish to buy, and sweet, because I feel so extremely blessed to be able to stock my fridge and cupboards with good things to eat.
I had a bitter-sweet feeling when I pulled myself out of bed this morning and went to work, because it should have been the beginning of my Thanksgiving holiday. As I left work, I realized how blessed I am to have a job.
We got home at noon today, as today was only a half-day of work, and Richard had a load of homework to do. I felt a bit bitter that we couldn't kick off the holiday break by just playing...then I realized how extremely blessed we are that Rich is able to go to school and gain an education in order to provide for his family doing something that he loves.
So I called my mom to see how her Thanksgiving preparations were coming along, and I could hear her and my two little bros and my dad in the background, and it made me so homesick I wanted to cry. I wondered, "why can't I be there with them, enjoying this holiday?" Then I realized how blessed I am to have such a close, loving relationship with my family, and how thankful I am that I get to see them in three weeks and spend the whole Christmas holiday with them!
This past week, Rich and I have been fighting the winter virus that has been running rampant at school and work. I stayed home with a sore throat on Monday, and Richard has been feeling a little under the weather today. I complained out loud, saying, "why do we have to get sick during the holidays?" Then I watched a program on TLC about a sweet little girl in Iraq whose body is so deformed it hurts her to move. I am so thankful for my health.
Wow, I have been quite humbled today, I am so thankful for my many blessings, little things that I take for granted every day.


6 comments:
Carlie, I love you and your words. I love that you pause to be grateful for the little things. That is what life is made of, the little things. I miss you so bad it hurts, but I too am grateful that you and Richard are learning and growing together. We will see you so soon! Miss you.
Hugs, Kisses, Loves...
Mom
Car, this is actually from the devster, but holy cow that is awesome! I love it!
three weeks!
That was nice, that's for sharing.
Oh Car, you're such a good example. Although I agree with you on all of them, you shouldn't feel one bit bad for wanting to spend time with Rich and your fam! :) You have every right! We're excited to see you guys! Happy Thanksgiving! Tell Rich Hi!
You are so inspiring! I love you, Carlie! Can't wait to see you soooo soon!!!
Post a Comment