Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Yummiest Banana Bread

I always seem to have a few bananas that made it through the just-right ripeness and turn black before I even have a chance to realize it. A lot of times I throw them away, but sometimes I can't bring myself to waste them and I quickly whip up some banana bread--I LOVE how it makes my house smell, and this banana bread is the best recipe I've ever tried!

3-4 ripe bananas
1 c. shortening or butter
3 eggs beaten
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla
1 t. salt
1/4 c. evaporated milk
1/2 c. nuts (optional)

Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love banana bread! I have some bananas in my freezer right now that I will thaw and make tonight. I keep forgetting to get the souffle recipe, I will do that today, thanks for the lemon chicken recipe I'm trying it tomorrow, love that you post your recipes!!

The Grover Gang said...

I KNEW I was suppose to check your cute blog tonight!! One thing on my to do list tomorrow is to make Banana bread, now I have a Yummy Recipe!! Thanks for letting us in on all your cooking secrets!!