Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Clock Makeover

Ok, so the title of the post is a bit misleading, because I forgot to take a before picture of my clock! Dumb! So, here is the after picture of a clock that my mom and I found at TJMaxx for $10--it was such a steal! The only thing wrong with it was that it was an uglyish gold color, nothing a little spray paint can't fix!
I sanded the edges so that a little bit of the gold peaks through.


I went back to TJMaxx today and they had the exact same clock only in black for $25, so I saved $15 by spray-painting it myself!! (Sorry about the bad quality of the pictures, my flash is doing weird things and it was night time-bad lighting)

5 comments:

Janine said...

Wow, that turned out AMAZING! Who would have thought...
Miss you, Brynlie and Richard so much! Wish we could "craft" together! Someday...
loves,
Mom

The Grover Gang said...

You are a girl after my own heart!! Spray paint is my best friend!! The clock looks totally professional!! You need to look into a career??

The Mills said...

Wow that is so cool! You are so clever.

Jody Weiss said...

Nice work Little Bird! Look how handy dandy you are! Just think of all the things you can do with that $15 you saved...things like buy that yummy chocolate covered strawberry ice cream you so kindly introduced me to! :) Eat some for me :)

Natalie said...

Very cute! Gotta love the spray paint