Saturday, August 9, 2008

We Made It!

After the long awaited (anticipated, feared...) move to Kentucky, we did it! We actually packed up our stuff, carefully loaded it into the truck (thanks dad) said our "see ya later"s, and drove away! It was very bitter sweet...for most of the drive it was just bitter. I cried more than I have ever cried in my life, and driving for 30 hours straight going 55 miles per hour, stopping twice at the side of the road for naps didn't help either! However, when we arrived, we came to our beautiful, but very orange apartment and got straight to work. Mom, here are the pictures of the apartment in the before, during, and after phase. Sorry, only one orange-paint-picture worked! I don't know what happened! Anyway, Rich and I have spent the last three days straight working, even through the night, to get our place feeling like home. It has been fun to work together on such a big project, and I am already feeling like we have grown alot together. I know there are reasons beyond our comprehension for why we felt that coming to Kentucky was the right thing to do, and even though it has been so, so hard to leave our families for a time and start over in a new and scary place, I am already feeling the Lord's hand blessing us!


Before Phase:










Hmmm...
does it remind you of peaches or of pumpkins?




During Phase: (We had to use some serious primer!)























After Phase: Ahhh... Much better


































Also, here is the guest bedroom....just in case anyone wants to come visit! (That wasn't a hint or anything...)


4 comments:

Devin said...

Car & Rich, we miss you so, so much! We LOVE seeing the before, during and after pictures. It looks like HOME! The guest bedroom looks oh, so inviting (Dev says Iss a-nice). We are excited for you two--what an adventure! We love and miss you!
333 Mom and Dev

Shantelle said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! It looks great! Your choice of paint is a little more soothing...but, oh, the work! We are sad that we didn't get to see you before you left. Darn.

gramsandgramps said...

Thanks for sending the pictures of your apartment, Holy orange!
It must have taken work, but we can see that it is cleaner, calmer and YOURS!
We love you and miss you but we are happy that you have this wonderful opportunity. You are in our prayers. 333 Grams and Gramps 333

collinanddani said...

Oh man you are already gone! Your apt looks beautiful! Way to decorate! Moving away definatly brings you closer together and it is nice to see other parts of the world. Take it in while you can! Cute background by the way..I just changed mine and then I looked at your blog! ha ha I guess I will have to change it again...