Monday, September 15, 2008

Kentucky State of Emergency

Well, I thought I would give you all an update on what's going on with Ike in the great state of Kentucky. Yesterday afternoon we started getting some pretty high winds (reached up to over 70 mph). One person was killed and many were injured, there were several fires, trees knocked over on cars and houses, and now 250,00 people in the Louisville area without power! Yes, we are one of those lucky homes without power, and I just found out that it could stay that way for up to 14 DAYS!!! AHHHH!!! Remember all of the counsel about food storage and being prepared? Well, I'm wishing I had followed it, because we own one small flashlight, all the food in our fridge is ruined, and we may be living off of peanut butter sandwiches for a while...The best of all is that my mom's long-awaited visit is in three days!!! :( I have been counting down the days until she gets here, and now she is going to have to camp with us and take cold showers. I feel so bad, I wish she could switch her flights, but her tickets on non-transferable, so she is going to come camp at our apartment for a few days. Hopefully by the time we get to Wal-mart tonight all of the coolers, ice, flashlights, batteries, )and whatever else we should have had but don't) won't be all sold out. I mean, there are only 250,000 of us without power, what are the chances that everyone was as unprepared as we were?

3 comments:

Jake, Mel, and Girls said...

Wow! That does not sound fun, but I'm happy for you'll that you get to see your mom. We'll be praying for you guys!

Sorensen Trio said...

Oh my goodness, so much is going on in your life. I'm so happy for you, I think it is so great that you get to go to a new place and have all this experience. I would be in big trouble on the food storage....everytime I stock the food storage we eat it. I need a much better system. Also, congratulations on being pregnant! I'm so excited for you. Keep us updated. Oh and Hugo would like to hear from you! Enjoy your mom's visit!!!

collinanddani said...

Hey if you need me to send you a care package I totally will! I went to girls camp this summer and the cheapest flashlights came in a 4-pack so I have extras! Let me know if you need anything I'll send it out!