Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekend Projects

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! ours was nice and relaxing--football, US Open, pizza, games, and of course, a few projects! Here is what I worked on while Rich watched football for 9 hours on Saturday:
I have had this menu chalkboard for a while, but I just wrote "menu" and the days of the week with chalk. My friend Stacie made a darling chalkboard and used vinyl lettering, which I totally loved, so I did it on mine!

I could not, for the life of me, get a good picture of this onesie...maybe it was too late at night, the horrible lighting in my kitchen, or my camera, but I promise it is way cuter than it looks! I just stitched some orange felt onto an extra white onesie, and now Brynlie has a fun halloween onesie to wear for the whole month of October!


And finally, the ruffle shirt. My friend Michele made one of these a while back and I have been drooling over it ever since. I decided to go for it during the BYU/Washington game (don't worry, I did watch some of it!) and here is how it turned out! I love it! (For some reason my weird body shape is making some of the layers look crooked...they're not!)



Now it's time to get back to a normal schedule...never fun! I decided I would decorate for fall today to ease the transition. Pictures to come!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Tutorial please? Seriously the most adorable shirt ever, I am now officially drooling over it. SO pretty!!

Valgardson Family said...

so cute I love your shirt, I need to make one, did you have to gather then sew on the ruffles. I wish I were there to make projects with you. I love the onesie as well.

The Loesevitz Family - said...

I already decorated for fall! This is my favorite time of the year! Check out my blog... I have the rag rope in a picture of Sophia's room!

The Loesevitz Family - said...

PS... the onesie is so cute... I was thinking maybe to add a nose to it??

The Grover Gang said...

O.K, so the onesie is sooo stinkin cute and I know Brynlie will look so adorable in it!! Now for the shirt, You so have to tell me how you created the masterpiece!! You look super cute in it and It is a definite must have!!!

Jonie Marie said...

Love the shirt Carlie! Also, the onesie is darling.

Drew and Michele said...

Darling!! It turn out soo cute, and I must say I love the mustard yellow cardi with it. Might need to get me one in that color!

Dave and Lizzie said...

So cute! Great job!!