Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Banners

This past week some girls in my ward have gotten together to make halloween banners. My friend saw the idea from a Pottery Barn catalog, and we decided we could totally make it for a fraction of the cost! Here it is!!





After it was finished I decided it was a little plain, so I am adding some stitching around the letters:


and I'm going to attach some glittery spiders to spice it up!

While I was already making a mess, I decided to make a banner from Brynlie's birthday (which is next month! Seriously?!)





I think I'll add some do-dads to this one to spice it up as well!

And again, for family far far away, here's a video of Brynlie...she was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, (her most favorite show) and just rolling around on the ground. What a cutie!


5 comments:

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

I love the signs. I cannot believe she is going to be one. Wow, time goes by fast.

Hey, I believe you asked about a tutorial for the braided rug, so I put a link down below. The lady says not to to braid it too tight and I started out doing the complete opposite and it was too loose. Happy crafting!


http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/02/braided-rag-rug.html

Janine said...

Hey car, its Devin!
Bryn is such a ham. :)
I Love ya!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Thanks for adding me! I love to keep up to date on ya. Your family is so stinkin cute! Brit says she just loves ya, I am jealous that you get to see her EVERY day!

News from the Nest said...

Those banners are almost as cute as my niece!!!

Jaclyn said...

I LOVE those signs. I wish I could make things like that without Jewels sitting next to me. On my own though, I am totally hopeless.