Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cherry Skirt

My mom sent me another package o' love with some darling vintage cherry fabric to make Brynlie a skirt. This is what I came up with:

I used a ribbon instead of elastic so that she can wear it even as her mid-section gets larger or smaller...not sure which will happen.

She wore it to church on Sunday and looked oh-so-cute in it, complete with her shiny red Dorothy shoes and a hair clip I made. I was so excited to take her picture in it. But she would have none of it.
This is about the happiest we could get her to look:

Hmmm...let's try again...

Nope. Still not too pleased.
Maybe it has to do with church being switched from 1:00 to 9:00 and having to wake her up early...she still has sleepy eyes. That must be it. I know she loves her cherry skirt, and I think if I took a picture of her in it again (being well rested of course) she would give me a big toothy grin! Thanks for the fabric grandma!

6 comments:

Janine said...

The skirt turned out darling! It is ALMOST as cute as the two girls in the picture, but not quite! ;)
love ya!

Valgardson Family said...

cute skirt, I love it, I really miss cute fabric stores so close. So cute.

Amy said...

Those chubby cheeks are as adorable as that skirt, so crafty!

The Grover Gang said...

You sooo need to open up shop with all your cute craft ideas!! You amaze me!! Brynlie looks adorable and so do you!!!

Jody Weiss said...

Very cute! I love her shoes too!!

Jaclyn said...

LOVE that skirt. I can't believe all the beautiful things you create.