Friday, June 18, 2010

The World These Days

I think I have a problem--I am losing my mind! Lately I swear I am the most scatter-brained person in the world! On Monday, I was shopping at JoAnn's, and when we were leaving, I put Brynlie in the car and took off, only to realize a few minutes later that I had left my diaper bag (with my wallet and everything in it) sitting in the parking lot. I raced back to JoAnn's in the midst of a panic attack and, to my relief, someone was honest and took it inside to the cash register. I said a little prayer of thanks for honest people, and I felt a little hope for the world. Then yesterday, that hope was lost. I took Brynlie for a walk to the grocery store to grab a few things, and we used her new (well, new to us, it was from a garage sale, but still) umbrella stroller. After loading her and the groceries up the stairs and in to our apartment, I forgot that I had left my wallet sitting in the stroller pouch outside by my front door. Now, I have left Brynlie's strollers outside our front door for the past eight months, there's just not room in our entry way for them. Well, later that afternoon we headed out again, and I open my front door and look down to find my wallet sitting on my front mat. And next to it...no stroller. What?!! Someone took my cheap garage sale stroller and left my wallet? (I KNOW it was my fault for leaving my wallet outside, I told you, I'm losing my mind). I felt a flood of relief that my wallet was not taken, and even more relief that everything was found inside. Then I starting having my doubts...it had been around six hours that my wallet had been left outside unattended...someone could have gotten all the info they needed and then took off, leaving the wallet there to throw me off. To make a long story longer, I spent all morning at the bank getting new credit/debit card numbers, etc. Now it is just hitting me that even if nothing else happened with the wallet, someone intentionally stole my cute new little stroller! People these days! It's disgusting!

*Other things that I have done this week to prove I'm losing it: I hit another curb while driving--I have not done that since high school (I was notorious in high school for getting in accidents with curbs)
-I broke my favorite watch
-I made chocolate zucchini bread today thinking that baking would cheer me up--and burnt it! To a crisp! Ugh...I just want to start over next week!

Thank you for reading my long post. I feel better now.

4 comments:

Jody Weiss said...

are you pregnant again????

Janine said...

I'm just grateful you are keeping track of Brynlie! ;)
Take a deep breath and remember that tomorrow is a new day. Are you pregnant?!
loves,
Mom
p.s. It's been a long time since you hit a curb. I'm just so proud of you, you didn't even pop a tire this time!

Valgardson Family said...

Oh sad day, I know how you feel, I feel that way every day. I think its the kids, I hope you have a better week.

Amy said...

Love that you hit a curb, so funny-- sorry @ the stroller!!