Early Monday morning, we packed up the ol' car and started the 8 hour drive to Nauvoo. We arrived in the early afternoon and got right to business, packing as much into the afternoon as we could.
We took a carriage ride
We went to the family living center and learned how the saints made wool, bread, rugs, and rope.
Rich's favorite-- Browning Gunsmith (this one's for you Dad)
We visited the Smith family cemetary

It was very special to see the graves of our beloved prophet, his sweet wife Emma, his brother Hyrum, and his parents.


We visted the cultural hall and danced on the very floors that Joseph and Emma once danced.
Brynlie also took a dance with her pop.
We visted John Taylor's home

and the printing shop next door


We went to the family living center and learned how the saints made wool, bread, rugs, and rope.
Rich's favorite-- Browning Gunsmith (this one's for you Dad)
We visited the Smith family cemetary
It was very special to see the graves of our beloved prophet, his sweet wife Emma, his brother Hyrum, and his parents.


We visted the cultural hall and danced on the very floors that Joseph and Emma once danced.
Brynlie also took a dance with her pop.
We visted John Taylor's home

and the printing shop next door

(So happy to have her diaper changed!)

That night we went swimming (kind of...the water was a bit too cold)


But Brynlie still wanted to model her swimming suit!


The next day, after eating a scrumptious breakfast, we drove to Carthage, my favorite sight of all. It felt like we were walking on sacred ground, and my love for the prophet grew so much that day.


The window


That night we went swimming (kind of...the water was a bit too cold)


But Brynlie still wanted to model her swimming suit!


The next day, after eating a scrumptious breakfast, we drove to Carthage, my favorite sight of all. It felt like we were walking on sacred ground, and my love for the prophet grew so much that day.


The window

And the door
Seeing the temple was also a crowning moment for me. It is so beautiful sitting up on the hill, overlooking the city.


It is so amazing to me how hardworking the people of Nauvoo were, and what they built from next to nothing. They had so little and were SO obedient. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to pack up and leave their beautiful city and their beautiful homes.They had such a testimony of the Lord's plan, knowing that their trials and tribulations would not last forever. I'm so grateful for their example and for my heritage, and I loved the spirit that I felt there, walking where the first six prophets of our dispensation walked.
Seeing the temple was also a crowning moment for me. It is so beautiful sitting up on the hill, overlooking the city.

It is so amazing to me how hardworking the people of Nauvoo were, and what they built from next to nothing. They had so little and were SO obedient. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to pack up and leave their beautiful city and their beautiful homes.They had such a testimony of the Lord's plan, knowing that their trials and tribulations would not last forever. I'm so grateful for their example and for my heritage, and I loved the spirit that I felt there, walking where the first six prophets of our dispensation walked.



11 comments:
So glad you were able to make the trip, looks like you packed in a lot in a couple of days. Now you have a little time to rest from your vacation!
Love you, see you soon!
Mom
I love the teal outfit on Brynlie (I bought it for her.. hehe)
She is so cute. I love that smile when she is getting her diaper changed. It looks like you have a fun trip!
How great to visit Nauvoo! You two are amazing!
I love Nauvoo! It's such a neat place! Brynlie, is so stinkin cute, I love her chunky legs!
Amazing! I am so happy (jealous) you got to go. Love the pictures!
How fun! She is so dang cute! Glad you had a fun trip, what an awesome place.
I'm glad you made the trip while you were so close. We loved going up there also. I'm glad you had so much fun.
What an amazing trip! I really want to go back and visit all those places again! Good job you guys on taking advantage! Hope the driving went well. I love Brynlie's face after getting home, so cute! Hope to see you next month!
I am so stinkin Jealous! I have not been back there and would love to go! (hopefully soon) Brynlie is growing so FAST! and she is sooooo adorable! I hear you are coming home soon! I am super excited to see you and the little cutie!
How fun! I love Nauvoo! Looks like you had lot of fun, thats good!
Post a Comment