After Nauvoo, we had two busy days at home and then decided we just love driving so much, why not take another road trip? We headed up to Indianapolis to visit our friends Dan and Katie and their adorable two year old, Harry, and to see some sights. Rich and I grew up with Katie but have gotten together more since we've moved out here than we ever did when we were all back in Utah! Isn't that how it goes? Well, they were awesome hosts and showed us a great time. We saw the sights downtown Indy, which I loved--Louisville pales in comparison. We saw the monstrosity that is the Indy 500 racetrack. But mostly we just relaxed and hung out-- eating great food, playing games, and seeing cows get milked. Really. We did. There's a dairy farm and creamery near their house, and we went and watched. It was cool and gross at the same time. And I learned something new. Roosters can be mean. Harry was having fun watching the chickens and all of the sudden, the rooster came swooping over and jumped on Harry's back, knocking him flat on his face. It was quite tramatic...and wasn't funny until a lot later. I don't like roosters anymore.

Harry driving the Safari Jeep.

Brynlie on Daddy's shoulders--her new favorite place.

This is
the rooster...

Behind me is the huge tank that the milk is pumped in to. There is a LOT of milk coming from that cow.

We took brynlie to feed the ducks for her very first time.

She definitely enjoyed it.
Oh, I almost forgot. I have a GREAT dessert idea. All you need is an oreo pie crust, a tub of cool whip (just a small one), a symphony bar, and whipping cream. Melt the symphony bar (set aside one small square for later) and stir in the cool whip (you have to stir for a while for the chocolate to mix in well) then pour inside the crust and let it set up in the fridge. Top with whip cream and some chocolate shavings from the left over symphony piece. It is chocolate heaven!
2 comments:
Your trips look like a lot of fun! I'm glad you and Rich and Brynlie got to get away for a bit. It is so nice. We just got back from St. George. Cant wait to see Brynlie soon and you!
You guys are one busy family! What a fun trip! Poor little guy getting attacked by the rooster, it's as big as he is! You look amazing by the way! And thanks for the desert idea, I can always use a little slice of chocolate heaven!
Post a Comment