

Here are a couple of recipes I used this week:
Stacked Enchiladas
1 lb. cooked ground hamburger
1 can refried beans
1 large can or 2 small cans red enchilada sauce (I use mild)
1 pkg. corn tortillas
cheese
Dip the corn tortillas in the enchilada sauce and layer them in the bottom of a 9x13 dish. Top with hamburger, refried beans, cheese, and more sauce. Then add another layer of corn tortillas dipped in the sauce, then add another layer of the hamburger, refried beans, cheese, and sauce. Repeat until you run out of stuff or make it to the top of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until bubbly and golden. Top with sour cream and serve with rice or corn or both!
Dipping Carmel
1 stick butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
Bring these 3 ingredients to a boil, let boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add one can of sweetened condensed milk. Store in a microwavable dish. This carmel can be kept at room temperature and is great for dipping apples, bananas, marshmallows, etc. or can be kept in the refrigerator and reheated if you like it warm. It's also great on popcorn!


2 comments:
hurray for sunshine! you'll have to take Brynlie on slides again with your camera so we can see her cutest smile too! Have fun on your trip-drive safe!!!
I keep feeling like spring is here and then it snows the next day or do hours after I have finished weeding. It will be here soon. Have fun in Nauvoo! It is a beautiful place. I am excited to try the carmel.
Post a Comment