On Saturday we headed up to Springville to celebrate George with our family and friends. It was an absolutely perfect day. We were overwhelmed by the support and love we felt, and we felt George's presence there. I think he liked his celebration :)
We started with a short program
So thankful for the words that were spoken there.
Then we headed to the cemetery for the graveside service.
After the dedicatory prayer, 100 white balloons were passed around. We counted down and then let them fly up to George. We are going to release balloons every year on his birthday.
After the cemetery we had a luncheon.
(It was the first time Brynlie was happy all day!) I asked her if she would please just be happy today, and she said, "I don't want to be happy because I'm just sad." I realized that was ok, she could have a day to be sad.
So thankful we were able to spend such a special day celebrating George. I am thankful to be his mother and for all that he has taught me.

















3 comments:
How precious! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
Carly, you are such an amazing person! Thank you for sharing your spirit - thoughts & prayers with you and your family.
It looks like you had such a sweet celebration we think of you often and your family is amazing what a strength to us. Take care.
Post a Comment