Thursday, May 20, 2010

Repurposing a Shrunken Shirt...Oh yes, and Wicked!

I'm doing double duty with this post. First, Rich surprised me with tickets to Wicked for an Easter/Mother's Day gift. We went a couple of nights ago. It was incredible!! It was much better than I had ever anticipated. And it was so fun to go out with a purse instead of a diaper bag! Yes, this was our first outing together without Brynlie. I felt a little empty without her, but itwas so nice and so needed! Thankfully, we have some great friends who watched her, and I felt like we were leaving her with family, so I didn't even have to worry about her the whole time! Thanks Keith and Natalie!


Next, my mom sent me one of her amazing packages o' love, and among other goodies was a cute workout shirt. However, after one wash and dry, it became a belly shirt (oops) so instead of throwing it out, I decided to try and make it into a skirt for Brynlie.


I cut off the bottom half of the shirt (about 9 1/2 inches in height)



Made a casing around the top for elastic


Threaded the elastic through, and Voila!!


It was looking a little plain so I added a little tie to finish it off.


It was super easy and fun to make--I finished it all during Brynlie's naptime. And bonus--it's nice and stretchy and comfy around her chubby little belly!

5 comments:

The Mills said...

What a great idea, I love the skirt! Wasn't Wicked the best ever!? I am so in love with it and the music!! It's fun to get out once in a while without the kids.

The Grover Gang said...

Seriously, You are so amazingly talented!! That skirt is super cute!!

Amy said...

Adorable skirt!! I never would have thought of doing that, it would have gone in a D.I. box. So cute.

BRooKe said...

OK Missy! You are so talented and cute! I love all of your projects!

Tucker & Tiffany said...

That is so cute!! You are seriously so creative!