Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lexington or bust.

What does one do when ones husband's finals are done and classes don't start up again until next week? You go Lexington Kentucky of course!!


Rich and I headed down to Lexington yesterday to see what it had to offer us. It is a beautiful city!! We were driving downtown exploring and we just happened upon Mary Todd Lincoln's home (in case you don't know who that is, it is Abraham Lincoln's wife. Don't worry, I didn't know either. I thought it was his mom.)

We went to the famous Kentucky horse park.

Let me explain this picture. Brynlie is huge, in case you haven't noticed. Because she is starting to get a little big for her size 3 diapers, we decided to buy the next size up. Be economical and smart you know? Well, size 4 is just a tad too big, and Brynlie had the biggest blowout I have ever seen in my entire life. We basically had to give her a bath right there at the Kentucky horse park. It was ridiculously funny. She looked very ashamed. Poor girl. We went back to size 3.

We enjoyed a lovely picnic at the park.



Then we headed to a place called McConnell Springs. This was a cool little hike with three natural springs--and they were FREEZING. It was beautiful.
We came home and while I started working on cleaning Brynlie's blow out clothes, Rich made dinner. We were going to have french dip sandwiches, and the meat was already made, it just needed to be microwaved. So when 5-10 minutes had gone by and Rich was still in the kitchen, I wondered what could be going on. I came in to find these lovely works of art.

He said he was practicing for when Brynlie can eat real food.

3 comments:

Janine said...

What an awesome post! I laughed all the way through it! Way to go Brynlie (make your mom & dad work hard to keep you clean) and way to go Rich! LOVE the happy face dinner! :)
Miss you all!
Loves,
Mom

collinanddani said...

Ok those food faces made me laugh. That is totally something Collin would do. Don't you just love seeing them be dads? It's my favorite.

Natalie said...

Rich is such a fun dad! I'm jealous you went to Lexington, we meant to go but it got cut out do to time restraints. Now that the boys are back in school we need to get together!