I am feeling so blessed. So blessed to have such wonderful friends and family who support and rally around me and my little family. Thank you to all the wonderful people in my ward who brought countless meals and treats...I think this week is the first time I have had to cook since Brynlie arrived. WOW. Thank you thank you thank you. (Also, I forgot how to cook, so if you could just keep the meals comin', that would be great.)
Grandma Smith sent Brynlie this DARLING hat she crocheted.
Thanks grandma! I love it!

So blessed to have family travel so far to spend time with us. We love you and miss you already.
So blessed to have this holiday season to celebrate Christ and his miraculous birth and life. I think I've gotten too caught up in feeling the holiday spirit without actually thinking about and remember why we even celebrate the holidays. It really IS the most wonderful time of the year.
Our family is spread out all across the states now, and this year we won't be gathering together for Christmas. That makes me sad. But I think of my brother, serving diligently in California, and I know he's where he's supposed to be. I think of Rich's sister, living in a small town in Wyoming where there has been snow on the ground for months now, and I know they're where they're supposed to be. And even though we will be celebrating Christmas as our own little family this year, without the closeness of our extended family around us, I'm grateful we have each other, and I know we're where we're supposed to be.
Ahhh.. enough sappiness. Brynlie's one month check up was today (I can't believe she's one month) and here are her stats:
Length: 22 inches (75th percentile)
Head: 14 3/4 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 11 lbs 10 oz (97th percentile) WHAT??!! WOA!!
Grandma Smith sent Brynlie this DARLING hat she crocheted.

Thanks grandma! I love it!
Last night I got an itching to do a Christmas craft, and I saw this idea on my friend Lindsey's craft blog, so I made a scrappy wreath, while listening to Christmas music, with a cinnamon scentsy burning. Welcome Christmas. I'm ready for you.

1 comment:
We love you too, Carlie!!! Isn't the RS AWESOME with baby arrivals!! So grateful! I LOVE your wreath. Do you have a link to a tutorial? I'd love to make one too!
Post a Comment