Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Strawberries, temple, ice cream, and tires

That is how our weekend went...we pretty much decided to see how much we could successfully cram into one day...and boy was I tired! We had a blast! We got a flat tire Friday, so we had to get two tires replaced Saturday (the other one was ready to blow any day) so Jared and Jenny kindly picked us up and we went to the temple session--always a great way to start a weekend. Then we picked up our car with its brand new tires, went home to change and grab a bite to eat, then off to Huber Farms for some strawberry pickin's! It was all fun and games until Jared decided to huck a ginormous strawberry at my ear. Don't worry, Jared, I don't get mad, I just get hormonal and start to cry later thinking about it...haha. After picking 5 pounds of strawberries we headed home to get cleaned up, then over to Jared and Jenny's for homeade strawberry ice cream and a movie. Whew...wait! That's not all! We left the movie early because Richard got a call and found out he was supposed to teach the lesson in Young Men's the next morning...uh oh. So off to home to prepare a last-minute lesson, then crashed our strawberry pickin' bodies into bed.
Hard at work in the strawberry fields.

On the tractor-ride.

I think we ate as many as we took home...MMMMMMM!

3 comments:

Amy said...

How fun!! I wish we had something like that here, I would love to go to a strawberry field like that, so pretty!

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

Cute pictures! Looks like a blast. Lets plan a pumpkin picking party!

The Mills said...

Yummy!! Hey we have a boy in our ward who is on a mission there. his name is Elder Harvey, a big kid, if you see him you will have to let him know that you know Trevor and Lynsie Mills!!! ha ha