Monday, May 11, 2009

tHOuGhtS

Yesterday was lovely... my phone rang at about 8:30 last night and I hear my dad on the other end saying, "Hey Car! Hang on a second," then I hear some clicking and beeping, then I hear "Ty, are you there?" Then what do I hear, but my little missionary brother!!!! It was the best surprise and the best Mother's Day present in the whole world!!!! My dad worked all afternoon figuring out 3-way (my mom's idea...must give credit where credit is due...) and I cannot explain the joy I felt as my whole family talked together for...I won't say how long, but it was a long time, because Ty's companion is from Burma, and couldn't call his parents for X amount of time, as they would still be sleeping. It was like heaven...Ty sounded so good and it was so fun hear some of his fun/crazy stories! I did realize though, why missionaries can only call home twice a year. When we got off the phone after long, try-to-be-cheerful good-byes, I felt so homesick for him I couldn't even stand it! It's a very good thing that we can't talk more than twice a year!
More lovely things about yesterday:
~It was sunny and 70 degrees, so Rich and I went to a nearby park with our pillows and a blanket, laid down, and fell asleep, (the waking up part wasn't so lovely, it felt much hotter than 70 degrees when I woke up with my back so sweaty it stuck to the blanket. But all in all, it was lovely.
~This week we go in for our 17 week appointment, where I will schedule my 20 week ultrasound! So excited!!
~Although I am still sick, and my gag-reflexes are multiplied by like, 100,000, I am noticing, slowly by slowly, that I am starting to feel better and get more energy. Thank you, thank you, 2nd trimester!

4 comments:

Dave and Lizzie said...

Isn't it just so fun talking to missionary brothers!? I'm glad that you are feeling somewhat better. It's too bad that there is 9 months of pregnancy misery before the baby comes, but it's all worth it in the end and you forget all that you went through when you see your little blessing from Heavenly Father. I'm 17 1/2 weeks now, due October 15th, so our due dates are really close. So fun!

Brett and Lex said...

HOW FUN! I talked to Clark last night and I LOVED it!! YAY for awesome little brothers!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you went to Washington DC. I have always wanted to go. That is also awesome that you got to talk to your brother.

Lindsey said...

Hey! I just found your blog..congrats on the pregnancy! It's too bad that you are still sick! Hopefully that will pass soon!