Thursday, May 14, 2009

Easter??!!

Ok, so I'm just a LITTLE late in posting this...I just found the Easter pictures so I thought I'd share!
Saturday before Easter, I woke up to plastic eggs filled with candy hidden all over our apartment! There was also an egg-dying kit waiting for me, so Saturday afternoon, Rich and I colored eggs. It's always hard to be away from home on holidays, but Rich did a great job making this Easter super fun for me!

Sorry about the blurry pictures, my camera was acting up...but this is an Easter banner I made over conference weekend. Hope everyone had a happy Easter...last month.

We went for our Dr. appointment today, and heard the heartbeat again...always such a wonderful sound! I also hit milestone yesterday...I was sitting really still at work and I felt something...a small little flutter, then I felt another, then another. It felt like the little bean was doing somersaults! I was so excited, when I told Richard I started doubting whether I felt it...maybe it was gas?? But no, last night as I lay on the couch watching American Idol, I felt the flutters again, and again this morning! We have one crazy little baby!
I tried to talk the doctor into letting us do an ultrasound this morning, just to sneak a peak and see if we could find out the gender, but, since I'm only 17 weeks, and the Dr. office was CRAZY!!!!! busy today, she told me to just schedule it for 3 weeks, so 3 weeks people! The countdown is ON!

8 comments:

Brett and Lex said...

YAY! I love this post! Cute Easter sign, cute Richard for being such a sweet husband and YAY for feeling the baby! I AM SO FREAKIN' EXCITED FOR YOU!!

kalei and jake said...

Ah I'm so excited for you guys! Isn't that so crazy when you first feel the baby move, I doubted at first as well but that's exactly how it feels. Someone once told me that it feels just like a gas bubble that pops and that explanation was the best for me! ha Later on you won't doubt that the baby's kicking don't worry.:) That's my favorite part of being prego, it's so neat to feel something moving inside you and then when you can watch your belly move like waves across your stomache...crazy! Can't wait for you guys sure love ya!

Jody Weiss said...

Looks like a fanastic Easter! Bummer they couldn't do the ultrasound, but exciting you're feeling your little baby now! I can't wait till you find out! Our bet is a boy :)

Tucker & Tiffany said...

That is such a cute banner, I love it. Congratulations on the little one! I can't wait to find out what you guys are having!

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

There is NOTHING like feeling your baby move inside you. It is my FaVoRitE part about pregnancy. I always wish that Trevor could feel those first flutters.
I'm so glad everything is going well with your pregnancy Carlie. What a blessing!

Nelson and Suz said...

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!! That is soooo fun! :) I'm so happy for you! Thanks for sharing your milestones!

Shantelle said...

Didn't that make all the sickness worth it already? Ok...maybe not all 4 months, but close. Right? You guys are so freakin' cute. I am so excited for ya.

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

Richard is so thoughtful. Brett and I are not great about be festive, even now that we have Mae. We will have to be a lot better about doing things with Mae next year. I was at a ice cream parlor in Oakland and I saw 4 elders. I inspected each one looking for your brother. You will have to update me on where he is at. How fun to be feeling your little one. I still have those fluttering feelings in my stomach, especially that first month after Mae was born. We can't wait to hear what you are having. Miss you two!