Friday, February 6, 2009

Sigh

So yesterday we had a major crisis...Richard came to pick me up, and I noticed that his laptop was not in the backseat..."Where's your laptop" I ask, and he thinks for a minute..."I must have left it at the hospital. Checks at the hospital, no laptop. Checks in class, no laptop. All night I am freaking out--we just bought a new USB drive, all of Rich's homework, his presentation for next week--all gone. I cried. I know it's stupid, and I kept telling myself that it's just a thing, it doesn't matter... but it still really mattered, and I had quite a breakdown. Then this morning, Rich called me from the hospital saying that someone had found his laptop and put it in the office so it would be locked up until he came to get it. Sigh. I am so grateful for honest people! All of the tight knots in my stomach started to dissolve, I took a deep breath, and then I felt stupid for panicking so bad! And I also realized that I am a very panicky person. I think I overreacted just a tad...
Anyhoo, I can now enjoy my weekend knowing that I still have a computer and that there are good people out there!

I loved these pictures (found on bhg.com):
So bright and cheerful and happy! I hope everyone has a bright, cheerful, and happy weekend!

3 comments:

Brett and Lex said...

Haha, that is hilarious! I would be the same way though! I'm so protective of my laptop!

Gigi said...

SO glad you found your laptop! I understand your panic- I am very attached to my laptop :)

Your letter for the blog game is T. Have fun! I'll be looking forward to reading your post about it!

Jaclyn said...

So great that you found his computer-- and I understand the panicking. Scary! Love the pictures too-