Thursday, December 11, 2008

More Gilmore Girls Life Applications

I like to do laundry...I know, weird, but I don't like having dirty clothes in the basket. It's just something I've grown up with, I guess. Well, Richard doesn't like to wash laundry until the washing machine is totally full, up to the brim. So this quote made me laugh:

Rory: This is just wrong!
Lorelai: What?
Rory: You washing two socks!
Lorelai: They were dirty.
Rory: That's wasteful.
Lorelai: I really wanted to wear them tonight.
Rory: They are your dancing Santa Claus socks. You're not gonna wear them for another ten months
Anyone else get confused reading this next one?
Lorelai: Well, I can't take it back to Yale.
Luke: I'm not storing your microbe mattress, forget it.
Lorelai: Well, then I'm stuck here.
Luke: Fine, because I need my truck back.
Lorelai: Fine, but that leaves you with the mattress.
Luke: I'm not taking the mattress.
Lorelai: Then let me take the truck.
Luke: But that means you take the mattress.
Lorelai: I can't take the mattress.
Luke: Then you can't have the truck.
Lorelai: But that sticks you with the mattress.
Luke: If you take the truck, it comes with the mattress.
Lorelai: I can't take the mattress.
Luke: Then you can't have the truck.
Lorelai: And that sticks you with the mattress.
Luke: We've been here before.
Lorelai: I recognize that tree.

4 comments:

collinanddani said...

I think you could totally be a Rory and separte your white, darks, colors, t-shirts with printing on the front, delicate, etc etc etc...So how many more days until you come home for Christmas?

Casseron said...

I can't believe you like doing laundry!! I hate doing laundry more than anything. I wait till Cameron and I have absolutely nothing to wear before I even think about doing laundry!

nancy said...

I love the Gilmore Girls so much I am so happy with this post!

Jaclyn said...

The GG posts were fabulous - I am the antithesis of you with laundry. Not until I absolutely have to do it (then I'm like Rory and OCD about what goes with what in the piles). Here are a couple of my favorite quotes--

Luke: The truth hurts.
Lorelai: No, you know what hurts. Having a screwdriver jammed in the side of your head.


Rory: Oh my God, I hate her.
Lorelai: Ah, me too.
Rory: You have no idea who I’m talking about.
Lorelai: Solidarity sister.


Emily: You were on the phone?
Richard: Long distance.
Lorelai: God?
Richard: London.
Lorelai: God lives in London?
Richard: My mother lives in London.
Lorelai: Your mother is God?
Richard: Lorelai...
Lorelai: So, God *is* a woman.
Richard: Lorelai.
Lorelai: *And* a relative. That's so cool. I'm gonna totally ask for favors.
Richard: Make her stop.
Rory: Oh, that I could.

Hope you a Gilmore day-- happy almost Christmas break!