Thursday, September 15, 2011

What's going on?

Our computer is having issues and won't let me pull up private blogs, including mine! I'm so frustrated! So I'm updating this from a friends house, and I'm hoping this will help us finally break down and buy a new computer! But until then, here is a quick update:

I've spent the last week cooking like crazy...I tried my hand at home made granola--we eat so much granola and it is so expensive, so I decided to start making it. I don't think I can ever go back to store bought!
If you've heard of the book Deceptively Delicious, you'll know why I spent an entire day making squash and sweet potato purees (to add to any recipes to make them more healthy!)
Medford is home to the LDS church's pear farm, and for the past few weeks, we have been spending lots of time picking the pears, getting them ready to can for the church's storehouse. Lucky for us, the pears that are dropped on the ground get bruised and they don't use them, so we get to go through and glean after picking. So I've had my garage full of pears, and I've just learned how to make fruit leather and my friend just taught me how to can them!
The weather is cooling off, September is halfway over, and fall is on its way! Hooray!
Brynlie and I are heading to Utah the beginning of October, and Rich's parents are coming up in the middle of October for the BYU-Oregon game! So fun!
I have lots of fun picture updates too, including some fun yard sale finds and our jetboat trip! Hopefully I can get my computer working soon!

3 comments:

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

You will have to post your granola recipe. I tried making it once and it was a complete fail. I learned how to can last fall. It was so much fun.

Amy said...

I agree, Granola Recipe? You are seriously such a crafty home maker - every time I pull up your blog I feel super motivated to go try all these new things too :)

Jaclyn said...

Glad you made it to this side of the country. Hope you're enjoying Oregon's beautiful fall!