Here's the granola recipe!
6 c. oats (heaping)
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 c. wheat germ (I did not use this)
1/2 c. flaked coconut
1 c. chopped nuts (pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc)
1/2 c. non fat dry milk (I didn't use this either)
1 c. honey
3/4 c. vegetable oil
2 T. water
1 1/2 t. vanilla
Combine oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, coconut, nuts, and dry milk. In separate bowl, combine honey, oil, water, and vanilla. Add to oat mixture. Stir to coat well. Turn into large, shallow pan (I used two cookie sheets) Heat oven to 300 degrees and bake for 25-35 minutes. Stir several times while heating (I stirred every five to ten minutes) until lightly toasted (don't over bake! It will still feel a little wet and soft but will harden as it cools) ***Stir while cooling or it will cool into one huge clump!
Monday, September 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
THanks brandon is going to love this.
Did you put anything in place of the wheat germ? I will have to make this sometime this week! Thanks!
Yes! Thanks :) :).
Post a Comment