Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fighting Cabin Fever

I love the cooler seasons--fall and winter. I'd much rather be cold than hot, and summer drags on way too long for me. BUT, I think I might be turning into a summer person now that I have a one year old. Winters are LONG with a one year old! Wow! We have been hard-pressed to find stuff to do and stay entertained around here! We've also had cold after cold, I'm thinking we'll probably be sick until the spring! So we've been trying to find ways to stay busy and fight cabin fever!
We've been having play groups--Brynlie and Kenz found that throwing every single ball into the crib was extremely entertaining.
Brynlie and dad like to make forts under the table!
Making Valentine's creations:
I found this idea at theidearoom.net. I needed something to hang on my iron stand. Other than scorching my finger with hot glue, it was a fun project to do while watching American Idol. (I'm actually loving J Lo on there by the way.)

Here's the TJ Maxx rug that I got for a STEAL! You can't really see the cute braiding but it is so darling in person!

Hope everyone's staying warm and fighting cabin fever!

3 comments:

Janine said...

Love the cute little hanging Valentine flowery balls,
and I love the rug too!
So sorry about your hot glue burn. Those are terribly painful!

The Grover Gang said...

I am feeling the cabin fever too! Summer could not come faster! I luv the cute Valentines creation, way cute! I am in luv with J Lo and Steven Tyler, who would of thought they would have been such a good fit!
Hang in there, it will soon be getting a little warmer! I hope!

Jody Weiss said...

I know a great way to get rid of cabin fever...move out west!!! Just kidding, not really though. Your projects are cute as always! I still want to try that pie you put on here. Hey, I still have our Christmas card I meant to send before Christmas, still want it? Ooops :)