Friday, October 29, 2010

A project here, a project there...

Lately I have lost crafting steam. I don't know if it's lack of ideas for projects, or if it's having a crazy one year old to keep up after all day, or if I got burned out with crafting for a while...but whatever the reason, I just haven't been crafting like a normally do! So the other night, Brynlie went to bed at 7 (lovely) and I decided to pull out the old sewing machine and start a project! Here's what I came up with:

I used cute vintage scraps to make a little skirt

Luckily, to help with my crafting rut, we had a super fun fabulous Friday a few weeks ago and here are a couple of the projects I did there:

a necklace:



Tile coasters:


And the rest are projects I have done slowly over the last couple months, but haven't blogged yet.
a table runner for Christmas:



Christmas mini table runner squares:


Halloween squares: (can you believe Halloween is over and it's November already! Time to pull out the Christmas music and movies!)


And these are a super easy project I saw on a blog (forgot the blog, sorry) I bought a tub of round wooden beads at Michael's for 2.50, sewed some fabric tubes (sew a strip of fabric, right sides together, then turn inside out, about 18 inches long) , and then tied a knot, stuffed a bead, tied a knot, stuffed a bead...until the bracelet was long enough, then I finished it with some velcro. I got together with some girls and made these and it was a really fun easy project (and really inexpensive)




The space over my bed has been empty and boring for a long time and I couldn't stand it any more. I just took cardstock, cut out letters, attached them to a ribbon, and here ya go!








Whew! That is the last couple months' projects in a nutshell! I'm hoping with the Christmas season around the corner I will find the burning desire to craft again!

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Love that skirt and those coasters - would love to know how you made the tiles.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh look at all those crafts!! And that dream sign is SO beautiful. Nice crafting, I love when you post stuff, it always motivates me and makes me want to make things! (and, yeay for a 7 pm bedtime ;) ).

Dani said...

Carly -- I love the XMAS table runner, I so need to learn how to do this! Good job!

The Grover Gang said...

I love how you can just "WHIP" these projects out like it is no big deal! Seriously?? I would like it if you came to my house and whipped some of those projects out for my house!! Your are so Talented!!