I am so thankful for ministering angels in our lives. I know Heavenly Father sends people to help us along the sometimes bumpy road of life. This past week, I was driving to a friend's baby shower, and as I pulled up in front of the house that the shower was at, I drove my front tire right over a metal rain gutter grate that had somethin' nasty and shart sticking out of it. Well, my tire blew right then and there, with a puff of smoke and a loud crashing sound just to make it more dramatic. It had been a long day, and after I got out of the car to assess the damage, I had to call Rich to tell him to somehow come and put on our spare (because let's face it, I still don't know how to change a tire). Well, as you may know, we only have one car, so this posed another problem, and I had a little meltdown right there outside of the house. People in my ward were arriving at the baby shower and there I was, outside my car, crying, with my baby inside the car, crying. My friend quickly came over, handed me her keys, took Brynlie out of the car, and told me to go pick Rich up her in car (I can't believe she trusted me with her car, what with my great luck with tires and all) I can't tell you how much it meant to know that Brynlie was in good hands and I could have a meltdown without worrying about my baby.
To make a long story longer (are you still reading this??) my next door neighbor drove Rich over so I didn't even have to go pick him up, then the neighbors across the street offered to help Rich put the tire on and even pump our spare up with air (yes, our spare was flat, goodness gracious we were struggling that night) and I headed into the shower with my tear-stained face.
The next night, when I opened our front door, a card was taped to our door with a card saying, "to the Birds, for your tire" with $60 inside. I immediately hit my knees and thanked my Heavenly Father for sending so many kind and caring people in my path. I know blowing a tire is so small and insignificant, and totally not meltdown worthy, but the selfless service shown me definitely made me want to be better and look for opportunities to serve others.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What a cool (and stressful) story! People can be so wonderful. Actually, just today I have had this on my mind as people have been reaching out to help us with our adoption fundraising (especially the yard sale) and everything. We are blessed to have such awesome people in our lives. I am glad everything worked out so well. It probably helped the situation that you are sweet and easy to love.
You two deserve all those blessings!! It is so nice to hear stories like these and to know that our father in heaven is watching over us and that other people are following the promptings of the holy ghost. one great thing came out of this experience, Now you know how much the people around you care about you and love you!
Thats awesome! What a great story!!
Ouch, rough day! Thanks for sharing, great story, and a great testimony builder. Glad things started looking up!!
That made me cry. That is such a sweet story, thanks for sharing! I love amazing people like that, who are great examples, and make me want to be better like that. Hopefully you've had better days since! :)
Post a Comment