Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A New Haircut and Pillow

So I took the plunge last week...and chopped my hair! I have had long hair for a LONG time, pretty much the whole time I've been married, but before that, my hair was always short. So I decided to go back to my roots :) and go short. It feels so good and bouncy and light. I think it will be short from here on out. Here's a picture:

I was talking to a friend the other day about new throw pillows--I love all the new pillows with textures: ruffles, rosebuds, etc. on them, but they are so expensive!! So I took some inspiration from pillows at Pier 1 and Target that I loved, and tried to recreate it:





I really like how it turned out, and it cost me nothing! I used fabric I already had (old napkins actually) and the white rosebuds are actually strips from one of Rich's old church shirts!

11 comments:

News from the Nest said...

Wow the pillow is fantastic! And I love the haircut!

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

Way cute! Love the hair and the pillow!

The Grover Gang said...

I Luv, Luv,Luv the Pillow!! And your new hair cut looks absolutely A-mazing on you! I am so jealous of girls who can pull of short hair dos!!

Dave and Lizzie said...

Cute hair!!! I love it.. makes me want to cut mine. Very cute pillow. I wish we lived closer together so you could teach me how to make all the cute things you make!

Angel said...

Love the pillow, and your hair! Super cute!!

Amy said...

Your hair looks super cute short. Love it. AND -- you should post instructions on that pillow! It is GORGEOUS!!

Valgardson Family said...

Carlie I love your hair, you are too cute! I love your pillow as well so creative. I will have to make one. I will call you soon!!!

The Mills said...

I love your hair cut! Super Cute

Janine said...

Love the hair and the pillow-can't wait to see them both, in person! :)
Mom

Tucker & Tiffany said...

You are so creative and talented!! Making a pillow out of old church shirts...who would have thought? Love the new hair, and the pillow! :)

Jeffrey and Monica said...

Way cute hair!