Thursday, April 28, 2011

This week has been an emotional roller coaster for me. To start the week off, Brynlie fell and hit her head, somehow managing to land perfectly against the wooden base of our ouch, causing an instant black bruise and a big dent across her forehead. There is nothing worse than seeing your baby in pain. The very next day, I had to take her in for her immunizations in the morning, and then the dermatologist in the afternoon. She has had something growing in her underarm, and the Dr. decided it would be best to remove it--second shot of the day. This time it took me and two nurses to hold her down on the table. It was so so awful to watch! But I'm grateful for modern medicine and good doctors.
Last night, I taught my last piano lessons in Kentucky. I didn't realize what an emotional night it would be for me. All of my students made me darling cards that brought tears to my eyes. And one of the parents, a good friend of mine, got me this gorgeous necklace made by a lady in our ward. I have been wanting one for so long and I just love it! It is perfect!


What I didn't expect was the tearful goodbyes (on both sides) when I said goodbye to my students. I'm so grateful for the chance I've had to teach here.

For young women's this week we made these darling signs with the key words of this year's theme, the thirteenth Article of Faith. I am loving subway art and our personal progress leader did such a great job designing these! And they were so fun to make!




Hopefully this next week will be a little more low-key. Ha ha. Who am I kidding? We have to pack!!!

4 comments:

Jody Weiss said...

Oh, sounds rough indeed my friend! I hope Brynlie recovers quickly, poor thing! Good luck with the packing, wish I was there to help!

Amy said...

Good luck packing!!!

Amy said...

Sorry, I hit enter before I was done ;), I was going to say So sad about Brynlie's shots and dr. visits, that would be rough! & such cute piano students you have!

Jaclyn said...

Good luck on your new adventure. It will be great - I just know it.