Thursday, May 19, 2011

Don't frown because it's over, smile because it happened

We left Kentucky early Monday morning. Sunday night was hard. It was hard to walk to our friends' apartment for the last time, hard to hang out knowing that when the night ended we would say our good-byes. It was hard to pull out of our apartment Monday morning in our big Penske truck, towing all of our belongings, knowing that our time in Kentucky was over, but when I think about our time in Kentucky, I smile, knowing that the friendships and memories we made there we will cherish forever.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh hugs to you! & I love your title.

Jody Weiss said...

Oh Little Bird, I hope you have the safest journey to your new home. What a great run you had in KY and a blessing you've been in so many lives there! Oregon is lucky to have you!

Natalie said...

It makes me sad because I am going through the exact same thing right now. We are leaving this phase of our life behind that blessed us with so many friends. My friend and I were discussing leaving each other and I was so sad and with both of us in tears she said, "Natalie, we really are kindred spirits. You don't find many of those in your life."
I am like you, we are leaving this week and I just have to smile and be grateful that these friends came into my life and that we will stay in touch for life.
Good luck with everything!

Valgardson Family said...

Good luck with the big move and getting settled in a new place. We hope you are safe. We are so happy to have met you in Kentucky, hopefully we will run into each other in Utah. Take care and good luck on your journey. You guys are awesome

Barratt Family said...

i almost cried when i read this. we miss u so much! i showed blake bryn's pic and kept pointing at it and babbling while pointing outside:(