(The following facts were found on Wikipedia.)
- The area was inhabited by indigenous tribes before the arrival of traders, explorers and settlers who formed an autonomous government in Oregon County in 1843.
- The Oregon Territory was created in 1848.
- Oregon became the 33rd state on February 14th, 1859.
- Salem is the state's capital.
- Portland is the state's most populous city.
- Oregon's population is just over 3.8 million.
- Oregon enjoys a diverse landscape, including the Pacific coastline, the Cascade Mountains, dense evergreen forests, and high desert across much of the eastern portion of the state.
- Oregon will be our little family's new home.
That's right! We are moving to the great state of Oregon in May! Rich will be completing his fourth year preceptorship with a private practice clinic in Grants Pass, Oregon. The family who owns the clinic flew us up there last month, and everything felt so right. I have always envisioned moving back to Utah (or at least closer) when we finished school in Kentucky, but for some reason, we have felt impressed to go to Oregon. I closed my mind and heart to the idea for a while, but things seemed to fall into place and I have realized I need to be willing to go where the Lord wants me to go. So at the end of May, we will be packing our little apartment and making the long trek westward. I'm excited to be closer to our family and friends in Utah, but I cannot begin to express how much I will miss my friends and life here in Kentucky. My sister-in-law, who used to live in Kentucky, promised me as we were driving away from Utah to start our Kentucky adventure that when the time came for us to leave, I would cry harder leaving Kentucky than I did coming to it. I couldn't begin to believe her then, but I see now that it is true. It has truly become my ol' Kentucky home.
I feel so blessed to have the gospel and to know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me and my family, and we are excited to start our next great adventure!

11 comments:
Carlie -- Oregon has been my favorite (along with Washington) place that I've ever been in my life - it's so beautiful. Yeay for moving closer!!
How fun! It truely is a beautiful state.
You are so much braver than me. I can't even stand to think of moving to Cedar City. But I love that you have so many good friends. You will have those friends for the rest of your life. That's a comforting though. Good luck on the move!
I'm so excited for you and can't wait to visit you in Oregon (can I invite myself?)! I remember leaving KY and crying as we left (it may have had something to do with a little bird), good luck with that!
How exciting for you guys! I'm sure you will love it there!
How EXCITING!!!! I wish you lived a little closer to Kennewick, WA but you are going to LOVE living so close to the coast (and California!) The Oregon coast is one of the most beautiful places I have EVER been (and I used to live in Europe so there!);). Sure happy for your family and your new adventure. It is so nice when it just "feels right."
Leaving Kentucky was sooooo hard for us. Good luck with that part... ;)
How exciting! It sounds like another fun adventure, I hope you like it there and everything goes well for you and your family. We feel the same we miss our ol kentucky home and all the fun friends that we made. Oregon will be a lot of fun. Good luck.
I am truly excited for you! If we could we would live in Oregon! You will be amazingly loved where ever you go! You are such a sweet and incredible girl! Good luck!
Wow how fun, you will pass us on your drive through!
We are looking forward to you adventure out in Oregon, too! Enjoy your last few months and then we can have some fun during the humidity-free (well, almost) summer! : )
So exciting!! Oregon is supposed to great. I know Jewels and Brett can make that trip even easier than Kentucky. :)
Post a Comment