Thursday, December 30, 2010

Carl Bloch: The Master's Hand

The BYU Museum of Art has an incredible exhibit on display right now that my family and I were able to go see. It is called "The Master's Hand" by Carl Bloch. Some of his beautiful pieces are well known in the church-- in the Gospel Art Kit, on the covers of Ensigns, etc. While I was familiar with some of his paintings, I didn't realize the actual size of the pieces. They are HUGE and so so breathtaking. It was such a neat experience to walk through and read about each of the pieces and how they tell of the Savior and His life and ministry. Here are a couple:







If you are in the Provo area, you should definitely take advantage of this amazing opportunity!
(All photos are from BYU's MOA webiste)

4 comments:

Angel said...

We saw that when we were in Utah for Thanksgiving. It was awesome, we loved it! :)

Anonymous said...

I saw this a few years ago... the one in the middle (think the scripture is John 3:5ish) is my favorite. It left a huge impression on me and I'll never forget it.

Amy said...

I had no idea, thanks for sharing, those are beautiful and we'll have to go check it out!

Suzy Hicks said...

I'm sure that was so cool to see. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Welcome home though, we missed you!