Thursday, August 20, 2009

Updates coming...

I have been a slacker, but we have been in Utah enjoying the last of summer with our families! So I will post pictures soon...
The tiny one is still doing well...went to the Dr. today and found out that I passed the glucose test by ONE point, so I need to watch my sugar intake. Also, I'm retaining water and getting super puffy, so I need to watch my salt intake...basically, for the next 8 weeks I just have to eat bland, healthy food. Bummer. :) But so worth it!
Also, I have a question. Who actually only gains the recommended 25 pounds while they're pregnant? Come on!

10 comments:

News from the Nest said...

Not me! 75 pounds later.... yeah...

Whitney said...

Yeah, 25 lbs not possible! I think I gained closer to 40. Once you have the baby you'll fell so accomplished losing all the weight so quick!

collinanddani said...

Um not me that's for sure. I thought I was doing good until I hit about 25 weeks then I just gained it like crazy!

Juliann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juliann said...

I did so well at first, but lost control the last month and gained more than 12 lbs. My stretch marks were awful after I had Mae. If I could do it all over again, which I know we will I plan on putting more weight on gradually and not all at once. :) Yay, for babies!

Jonie Marie said...

Ha. Ya right! I gained about 38. I retained a lot of water too and it sucks. I'm so sorry. The good news is that the water weight goes down really quickly. You'll have your little body back before you know it!

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

Welcome back! Glad you passed the test. I didn't with Paul and had to take the second test, it was awful. I passed this time.

Steph and Jared said...

I went off sugar after that test and i'm so glad that I did. Kyson was 7lbs 12oz I bet he would have been close to 9 or 10 pounds. plus it's just one more thing to look forward to after the labor.

Nikki said...

K! Exactly! I hate it when they say that because there is no WAY that you can be healthy and only gain 25. :) I swear you'd be starving! :) My grandma always says she only gained 15 pounds with her babies and I am truly wowed. Just eat...you're almost done. :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't think it would be tht hard to stay under 25lbs cause really if you think about it in perspective to how much you weighed before you got pregnant it is a lot of weight. right. So I thought it would be no big deal. Until I had Teagan and she only weighed 5lbs. Then I realized that means 27lbs was what I gained not including the 5lbs she weighed. So to answer your question it is impossible!