Today marks our one year anniversary since moving to Kentucky. It was one year ago today that we pulled into our new apartments in our big Penske truck after two LONG days and one extremely long night of driving across the country. We spent the next few days painting our orange walls, moving in furniture, and unpacking boxes. It is so amazing that it has been a year already! So much has happened in one year... I never thought I would grow to love my Kentucky home so much. I never could have imagined the friendships we have made, and I never would have guessed how this move would bring Richard and I so much closer. I never imagined I could miss my family and my Utah so much, but I have also learned that I can do hard things!
Yesterday Rich finished up his finals. It has been a grueling semester, and one that we are happy to have finished!!
PS-We have had some major flooding here the past couple days. The university shut down for two days and it was CRAZY!



Luckily, all of this flooding was downtown, and we were safe and sound at home. Three natural disasters has definitely made this year an interesting one!
3 comments:
Wow, those floods are crazy!! And also, I'm excited to see you next week!! YAY!!
I can't believe you guys have been there for a year already!!! Hopefully we'll be "neighbors" again soon, if you can call Columbus your neighbor ;) It seems like Louisville gets a lot more crazy weather than we ever thought it would, glad you got some days off, I'm sure you enjoyed the rest!!!
I can believe it has been a year because it feels like it has been forever since we have last seen you. :)
Post a Comment