Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Elder Smith Marches Forth

This week has been full of change...good, but hard! I got to Utah on Saturday and we spent the next few days just hanging out, talking, laughing, playing games, watching old movies, and just being together. I was able to go with Tyler to the temple on Monday, which was a very sweet experience. Tuesday night Ty was set apart as a full-time missionary, and Wednesday, he entered the MTC. He was SO excited and is SO ready and prepared, I'm so proud of him! (And already miss him like crazy!)


(These pictures aren't in any particular order...actually I think they're mostly backwards)

The Stake President gave us little rocks that say "I can do hard things". Here are Ty and Dev holding the rocks.

Ty looking at his badge for the first time.


The classic MTC sign...everyone must take a picture there!

On our way to the MTC

This picture is a heart-wrencher...Ty and Dev hugging good-bye.

With grandma Shirley
Playing outside Tuesday

Dinner with Grandma and Grandpa and our cousins from Washington who are going to BYU Idaho, we haven't seen the for a long time and it was so fun!


We had a "Thanksgiving dinner"

In the backyard

Elder Smith! (Sorry, I told ya these weren't in order!)

Mom putting on the badge


At the Provo Temple on Monday

Can't wait until we're all together again! 
We love and miss you Elder Smith!

6 comments:

Jody Weiss said...

So glad you were able to go home for a bit! You'll be amazed at how fast two years goes by! I got teary looking at the picture of your brothers and I might cry right now just thinking about it! What a sweet family!

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

I am so happy for brother. He is going to love the oakland mission. I have already told my parents to watch for him over the next two years. I know the comment before me mentioned this, but that picture of your brothers was so sweet. I don't think my brothers will be anywhere near tears when they say goodbye.

Brett and Lex said...

Oh man, that picture of your brothers hugging made me cry! YAY for little missionary brothers! Clark gets home in 6th months!!

Jaclyn said...

This post made me excited for your brother, but really sad too - that whole good-bye thing is rough. Glad you got to go home for that.

Family History said...

Carlie-
I can't believe you've already come and gone. I didn't find out till Sunday that you were here, and come to find out I was up there last Sunday, I was so sad to know I missed, but I'm so glad you had such a good trip. I'm so excited for your brother, missions are truly life changing, and he's going to love it!! I hope all is well, I've been missing our Sunday night chats, we need to get back on that one! Hope to talk to you soon!

Drew and Michele said...

I bet that was so hard, I don't have brothers, so I never had to do that!! Glad you made it back here safe and sound though!!