Wow, what a week! I don't know where to begin....I guess the beginning would be good! Well, we went in for our routine check up (I was 10 weeks) and the doctor was unable to find a heartbeat. When we went in for an ultrasound, we found that the fetus had stopped growing at 9 weeks. We were absolutely devastated. It took a lot of prayers, and blessing, and support from so many friends here in Louisville and family back in Utah, but we went to bed that night feeling at peace, knowing that this was part of the Lord's plan, and although it has been hard, we have truly felt the Lord's hand helping us and giving us hope, strength, and comfort.
I went in Friday for surgery (because my body didn't recognize the misscarriage) and everything seemed to be going well, until Sunday night when I woke up with a fever of nearly 103. We went to the emergency room, and after test after test, they found that I had an infection from the surgery, and they admitted me to the hospital and started me on some serious antibiotics. I was there for two days, and man is it good to be home now!!! Richard's parents just arrived today for a visit, and I am so grateful they are here! We have felt many little miracles in the past week that have truly helped us feel the love of our Savior. I know the Lord gives us trials to strengthen us and to help us grow, and I need all the help I can get! :)
Thanks to everyone for their prayers!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
Carly-
I was so sad to hear this news. My sister recently gave birth to a stillborn child. I know what you are going through and it is so tough. What a blessing the gospel is in our lives. Even through the tears we are able to be comforted by his loving arms. I will pray for you to be comforted as we have been in the past couple of weeks.
Carly. Wow. I am so sorry. I know how you feel. I had a miscarriage in January. It is really hard, but I promise that the Lord is so close to you. Call me if you want to talk, I've read a lot and asked a lot of questions. Please email me or call me if you just need someone to talk to. And keep praying! He knows what's going on!
Sorry my email address is collinandme@gmail.com. And I won't feel bad if you don't, I know it took me a long time to want to talk about it-it was just easier to focus on the happy things and smile:)
We love you two and our prayers will be with you.I'm so sorry carlie you are such an amazing person and I hate that this had to happen to you
Love you, Car! :)You two are amazing!
Gosh you guys, I'm so sad to hear that. You are such good examples of strength and faith though. We'll be praying for you. Love you guys!
Carlie,
I am so sorry! My prayers are with you!! I miss you so much!
I know it's a bit random to hear from me, but I heard from Jewels what happened. You and Richard have been in my prayers. Hope you're feeling better--
Carlie-- I am so sorry to hear of that sad news, just hang in there. Everything happens for a reason, someday we hope we will know why! We love you guys!
Those pictures on the side are so cute! When and where did you get them taken?
Carly and Richard.
This is the Campbells from Mapleton. I was just thinking about you guys and wondering how you are doing. I just love the internet because you can find anyone. I am glad you are blogging, at least this way we can stay in touch. We are sad about your lost and our prayers are with you. We sure hope that you have a quick recovery. We love you guys!
I'm feeling..sick. I go into an ultrasound today at 5 just to check everything out. I was like 11 weeks last time so I guess they just to want to make me wait until week 12 to hear the heart beat. I'm nervous though, I making my mom come with me!
sorry I meant don't want me to have to wait..
It went well! Thanks for asking! So have you guys had anymore crazy weather out there in KY? When we lived in Chicago there were times where I was so freaked, but that's just how it rains out there. It's so different!
I'm so sorry! I really understand what you are going through. I had a molar pregnancy in June and had to go through a D & C as well. I admire your faith in the Lord though. My whole story about my pregnancy is on my blog if you are interested www.tmthomastimes.blogspot.com Hope you are feeling well!
Carly,
It's so hard to undersatnd why things happen the way they do. I am so sorry.
Rich and Carlie,
We are so sad to hear of your recent trial. We just wanted to let you know how much we adore you and that you are in our thoughts and prayers. What a great example of faith you are! You are so loved. Thanks for being such an amazing couple.
All our love,
Nelson and Suz
Carlie!
It has been such a long time and I saw a link to your blog on someone's blog page so here I am looking at your blog and it's so good to sort of see you! I am really sorry about your news, I know it happened a month ago but if there is anything that I can do for you, let me know. I had a miscarriage also and it was so hard. So, I understand how you feel and am sorry you had to go through that, if you need anything let me know.
I hope that everything is going well for you! We should get together sometime you are in town!
Liz
Post a Comment