Sunday, August 14, 2011


This past week we trekked down to Utah for the Bird Family Reunion. We first stayed with parents for the weekend and had a great time...just wish it could have been longer! We got to see both of my grandparents for Sunday dinner and we just enjoyed hanging out! I'm kicking myself for not taking any pictures with my family--luckily Bryn and I are flying back in October!
On Monday we headed up to Park City where we spent the week with Rich's family. It's the first time all his siblings have been together in almost three years!

The theme for the family reunion was "Desire" from Elder Oaks' past conference talk. We focused on CHANGE ACHIEVE BECOME

We had so much fun shopping, playing at the pool every day, going to the zoo, riding the alpine slide, having field day at the park, and doing a family fun run 5K.


Sporting our Desire T-shirts



Bryn had lots of fun with her cousins...they couldn't get enough of each other!




With my cute nieces Addie and Lauren at the zoo

So basically the only day I brought my camera out was at the zoo...


Bryn and Kayla on Mr. Gorilla




Bryn wanted to see how she'd measure up!



Riding on the Dinosaur









Riding the horsey!!!



Seeing the monkeys




Two tired little girlies after a long, hot day at the zoo!


I wish I would've taken my camera with us to the pool...Brynlie LOVED it! I wasn't sure how she'd do with the water this year but this girl has no fear! She asked multiple times a day to put on her "shim shupe" (swim suit) and couldn't wait to jump in!


It was a whirlwind week of fun...we got in late last night and we're already homesick for all of our family!

1 comment:

Jody Weiss said...

Yeah for family reunions! Looks like fun even though you skipped out on many picture opportunities...you were just having to much fun to get it out, always a good thing! Can't wait to see you guys in a week!!