Friday, February 12, 2010

A first time for everything...and using food storage.

With Valentine's Day and President's Day come and gone...I am more ready for spring than ever before!! I long to go on walks in the sunshine without 10 layers of clothing on. I cannot wait to see green on the trees again and go to the park and just enjoy feeling warm. I can't wait for short sleeves, flip flops, and for freckles to start to pop. Ahh... spring. If it weren't for the 7 inches of snow outside, I could probably dream a little longer, but I get snapped back to reality pretty quick! So I'll just keep dreaming of spring.
For a while now I've been trying to figure out how to use food storage. The taco soup I posted is one good way, since everything is from a can. We also found a great way to use the huge bucket of wheat we have in our storage:

Whole Wheat Blender Waffles

1 c. wheat
1 c. milk
1 T. baking powder
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. oil
2 eggs
1 T. sugar
1 t. salt
Blend it all up in the blender! The wheat gets blended just enough to be crunchy and hearty. Top with butter, hot syrup, and homemade whip cream. Rich and I seriously live off of these things every weekend. It's become our Saturday/Sunday morning tradition!

Brynlie also had a few "firsts" this weekend. While I was at a friends house last week, Brynlie had her first experience with a high chair. I sat her in theirs while we finished up a craft and she LOVED it! So we went out this weekend and bought her her very own. She loves to sit in it and feel like she's part of the crowd at the table. We also got out her exer-saucer and she played in that for the first time as well.

Such a big girl!

3 comments:

The Mills said...

Hey we have the same high chair! I love it!

Jody Weiss said...

Wow, she looks like such a big girl sitting in her high chair! I haven't even thought to do that with Madds yet. How cute!!!! LB-when are you going to be in Utah? I want to see you and Brynlie!!!

Cambria said...

oh my goodness what a cute little chub! I want one... oh wait, I am getting one in three months! I'll be texting/emailing for advice! I love your blog- it's very up lifting!